Riveropolis 2023 Maker Camps
The San francisco School Ecole Bilingue, Berkeley
June 20-30 July 5-14 July 17-28
Summer Camp 2023
Teaching Assistant / Co-teacher
2023 Theme "Land of the Tree People"
Session # 2 July 3 -14, The San Francisco School
Session # 3 July 17-28, Ecole Bilingue, Berkeley
Co-teach 8-ll year olds with artist/educator Gregory Gavin in our 19th annual Riveropolis Maker Camp. We will engage young people in drawing, writing, arts, crafts, design, architecture, hydrology, civics and architecture in the co-invention of a 35 foot long world with real dynamic running water (even rain!). This year's theme is "Land of the Tree People." Applicants should view the TEN DAY RIVER" (7 min. video) to get a sense of this innovative learning environment.
Assistant /co-teacher will participate in:
- developing and refining curriculum and craft project techniques
- helping to move and install art river equipment on-site before camp starts
- facilitating middle school aged "Junior Counselors" helpers as they interact in play/design environment
- preparing and cleaning-up art materials
Need to have experience facilitating kids and possess arts/craft skills. Applicants with backgrounds in architecture, sculpture, fabrication or woodworking would be ideal.
We will work 8:00AM-4:30 PM on days when camps meets. Additional training, install and de-install days to be arranged) Assistant will be paid for meetings, trainings, installation time etc.
Pay will be $25-$38 per hour depending on experience
Please send an email and resume to Gregory Gavin before calling:
Part-time fabricator / studio assistant, Riveropolis Art Studio, Oakland
Seeking an assistant to work 16-20 hours a week on a range of tasks and projects at the Gavin Studio / Riveropolis art space in north Oakland.
- Fabricating, upgrading and preparing Riveropolis sculpture/furniture and loose art parts
- Providing design insight into development of new Riveropolis sculpture/equipment as appropriate
- Periodically transporting, installing and facilitating public experience at Riveropolis special events
Errands, procurement of materials, coordinating volunteers, documenting (photo/video) Riveropolis events
- Skills and experience in some of the following: fabrication, industrial design, sculpture, installation art, carpentry, plumbing, engineering, education, community development and/or small business
- Able to switch and complete projects independently
- Sound-of-body and skilled at lifting and carrying heavy and awkward items
Pay Range $27+/- per hour depending on experience.
Please email resume, online portfolio and short cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Positon currently filled ~